Home Care Following Direct Laryngoscopy
- Complete voice rest for 24 hours following surgery. After this time remember to talk normally, but do not whisper.
- Whispering is more harmful than talking.
- Talking for the next 3-4 days should be kept to minimum; avoid raising your voice at anytime.
- DO NOT SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!
- After recovering from the anesthetic effects, use your own judgment regarding diet, but liquids are recommended for the first 8 hours.
- A sore throat may be present, especially if a biopsy was taken. Take Tylenol or pain medication as prescribed.
- You will have a post-op appointment scheduled for 10-14 days after your surgery. The hospital should schedule this appointment for you. If not, call (706)546-0144 to schedule this appointment.
- REMEMBER, DO NOT WHISPER!!!!!!!!!!!!